An Introduction to SaleLink Software
SaleLink is designed for those firms who want to book items for auction directly into specific sales. SaleLink provides a wide range of sale-based facilities to ensure that sale administration can be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As its name implies, SaleLink keeps track of all items entered in all sales under any one vendor consignment number, including unsold items carried forward to new sales, and it able to instantly show all sale dates and all items link to the vendor. We call this facility “Vendor Consignment History”.
SaleLink provides an unrivalled range of auction management facilities and a wide range of working methods for the small to medium sized auction house.
Comprises four main components:
SaleLink module which handles vendor pre and post sale procedures within the master vendor database
Admin module which handles vendor pre and post sale procedures within individual sales
Commission Bids which records and manages commission and telephone bids received
Saleday module which handles all procedures for purchasers
SaleLink System Key Features
Master vendor database. Allows vendors registration details to be entered with unique reference number for ticketing sale items.
Vendor consignment history. Provides an on-screen summary of all transactions in all sales for a chosen vendor reference number. Allows selection by data, sale, sold, unsold or single items.
Does not require items to be allocated an item number/line number/stock code – automatically creates the item identity.
Purchaser payment analysis. Analyses amounts remaining unpaid by purchasers over any time period. Analyses amounts paid in at specified computer workstations over any time period (hours to months). Purchaser history can be viewed for individual buyers numbers over any time period.
Introductory Commission. Provides statements for agents to whom you wish to pay an introductory commission. Payments can be calculated over any time period. Agents are paid a % of hammer price.
Admin + Saleday modules provide the following standard features
- Provides a wide variety of methods of building sales. Manual and auto-lotting with or without the use of categories. Export of unsold lots and charges to future sales. Import sales via Excel spreadsheet.
- Allows descriptions to be spell-checked as entered and gives a choice of font, size, bold (etc.) and text colour. Item descriptions and condition reports can be up to 40 lines of A4 text in length. Lot numbers can include A-Z. Identifies items via item number, lot number and category with up to 36,000 available categories. Changeable VAT status on each item.
- Has support for up to ten images and one video clip per item. Images are available to specialists as they catalogue items for sale. Permits images to be labelled using either a stock code or a lot number. Images labelled with stock code can be automatically renamed with lot number once the lotting up process has been completed.
- Allows emailing of images (including any sub-images), descriptions, condition reports, VAT and Artist’s Resale Right status directly from the auction management package to potential buyers.
- Prepares (internet) auction catalogues, including estimates, VAT status, condition reports, multiple images, video clip, flipbook pdf and comprehensive search facilities.
- Prepares vendor account including full and part payment procedures. Permits vendor payments via cash, cheque or BACS Direct Credit. Alternative vendor cheque address with the ability to send copies of vendor reports to executors, trustees and others.
- Integrates with mailing contact management system.
- Handles up to 50,000 purchaser registrations and prints A4 registration paddle cards on demand.
- Operates day-of-sale and post-sale procedures including purchaser registration, point of sale invoicing and payments. Allows buyers to pay multiple times and by mixed payment methods, automatically calculating credit card surcharges and live Internet bidding web cast surcharges as appropriate.
- Produces a TV display with lot number, image, description and estimate for purchasers within the saleroom. The display can free-run during viewing times.
- Prepares vendor and purchaser financial summaries to include full compliance with the Auctioneers’ VAT Margin Scheme.
- Provides an integrated sales ledger and payment audit trail – obviates the need to transfer each transaction into management accounting software.
- Provides an audit trail for buyer transaction with the ability to track transaction from individual point of sale terminals.
- Provides a wide range of in-built statistics about individual sales including total low and high estimate, average selling price and price band analysis.
- Originates and collates all client forms from plain paper in full colour, including printing of logos, colour coding under copies.
- Email all client paperwork in pd format.
- Creates a wide range of printer and file-based reports in a range of formats including CSV.
- Plus much much more ….
Please contact us for a no obligation demonstration.